STEM is the newest topic in education, and an integral part of the world’s future.
The number of STEM jobs will grow twice as fast in the future than other jobs, and people working in STEM will earn much more than their non-STEM colleagues.
Now your child can have first access to this future education through our STEM Explorer camps at Discovery Camps, for the first time!
STEM Explorers is designed to teach Science,Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics in a fun and engaging way. The children will explore STEM topics and related activities that require creativity and problem-solving. They will be engaged in a variety of projects such as experiments, physical building of science kits, simple coding and mental puzzles, both independently and collaboratively.
In our STEM Explorer camps, your child will not only learn the elementary version of the subject, but will also improve his/ her social skills and make new friends!
How the STEM Explorers camp will help your child:
• Boost in them critical skills like problem-solving, logical reasoning, and creativity, through hands-on activities and experiments
• Make connections to their daily experiences- All STEM activities involve hands-on experiments and activities that help them learn new concepts, knowledge and skills and most importantly, to relate to the many things and processes that they see around them!
• Make them better team players and improve their social skills, as most STEM projects in the camp are done in groups
• Be inspired! The idea of STEM education is to make children realize how STEM can simplify and improve our lives. Let your child be excited about learning and get inspired for the future!
• Science: The children will conduct little experiments related to the 5 elementary topics of Forces, Flight, Light, Shadows and Chemical Reaction
• Technology: They will programme a robot (Wonder Robot Dash) with codes to perform a space adventure of locating space junk and moving them into the designated collection zones
• Engineering: Students will make small constructions with cardboards and other materials and learn how engineers build bridges and simple, every day machines, to make our lives easier
• Mathematics: They will use fun puzzles to learn logic, visual/ spatial skills, symmetry concepts, and problem-solving
At the end of the camp, the children will hold an exhibition at the camp venue, showcasing all that they have built in the last 5 days.
You are invited to visit, and your child, along with her/his team, will share their experiences, and explain how they developed their creations, and the new skills they have learnt!
This camp is best suited for children who:
• Have an exploratory mind and want to know how everything works
• Like to be hands-on and work build and disassemble objects
• Have a keen sense of imagination and curiosity
• Enjoy new experiences by oneself or with others
Dec 9 to 13
We would be happy to help you choose, and answer any questions you might have. Just email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +65-6664 8122.
WHY PARENTS CHOOSE US
Personalised Attention: 1-on-1 support for you and your child before, during and after the camp.
Central locations: Our camps are held in key and easily accessible areas of Singapore, with a private bus service to and from our camps.
Experienced Teachers: Our teachers are highly qualified, with expertise in teaching both hard and soft skills to young children, while our attentive team has years of experience in managing them.
Healthy Food: Lunch and morning snack are delivered daily by Michelin Star Celebrity Chef Emmanuel Stroobant.
Winter Holiday Dates 2019
||6 to 8
||9 to 12
||Dec 9 to 13
All camp weeks run Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm.
To check camp availability please click HERE
Call us for any concern regarding shipping and returns.